Oldham County Schools are Award-Winning:
Continuing the Tradition of Excellence
Live in Oldham County and experience our award-winning schools! Oldham County Schools consist of a preschool, ten elementary schools, four middle schools, three high schools, an alternative school, a career center and a center for the arts and community education. Student enrollment has more than doubled in recent years, bringing the current number of students to approximately 12,000 in grades Preschool through 12.
- We boast the highest ranking county district in Kentucky in the 2012 K-PREP Test Scores.
- Oldham County schools ranked in the top 4% of districts throughout the state, placing us in the Distinguished category.
- All of Oldham County’s schools are fully accredited by the Southern Association of College & Schools, which is a high-standard both in the State and Nationally.
- Oldham County has the 2nd most Nationally Certified teachers of any Kentucky District.
- Average student-to-teacher ratio: 16:1
- Certified teachers with advanced degrees: 84.8% (master’s or higher)
- Average years of teacher’s experience – 11.2
- 3-time designee of the Advanced Placement Honor Roll (Kentucky’s only 3-time recipient)